https://lifeinnaples.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/shampoo-technique.jpg 122 146 LifeInNaples https://lifeinnaples.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/LIN-LOGO-2019340by78.jpg LifeInNaples2022-04-28 13:30:292022-04-30 10:39:48Shampooing 101
It may sound like a silly thing to talk about, but it is something I am often asked:
- Most people jump into the shower wet their hair and shampoo. It’s best to let the water run 3-4 minutes on your hair before starting the shampoo. Also it’s important that when shampooing don’t pile all your hair on top of your head when scrubbing. Furthermore scrub your scalp only, not your hair and do so with your finger tips. This will help prevent tangles.
- When rinsing the shampoo out you need to rinse for 3-4 minutes, depending on length maybe longer, this will allow the shampoo to clean the ends while insuring removal of all the soap. Don’t forget behind the ears, the last thing you want to do is leave shampoo, which can dry and look like flakes.
- Also you don’t have to rinse, lather and repeat. In most case one soaping is enough, we mainly did that for those who washed their hair once a week in the salon. If applying conditioner, which I recommend to 95% of my clients, rinse well. If you have coarse wavy/curly hair don’t be afraid to leave a little conditioner in. Most shampoos have a higher pH than your hair, a conditioner brings the pH backto its normal level.
- You don’t have to wash your hair every day, the natural oils from your scalp are great for your hair. In between shampoos, you can use dry shampoo if you have fine hair and you can rinse your hair with conditioner if you have thick hair.
- A great clarifying shampoo once a week or every other week can help prevent product build up. I am always open for questions so please feel free to email me yours. Who knows it may end up as a feature in Life in Naples.
If you have any questions feel free to email me. Erickcre8u@gmail.com
Erick Carter, Salon Zenergy 239-777-2380