Incredible Lineup of World-Renowned Vintners and Award-Winning Chefs Unveiled
Incredible Lineup of World-Renowned Vintners and Award-Winning Chefs Unveiled for 23rd Annual Naples Winter Wine Festival on February 3-5, 2023
Honored Vintner Philippe Sereys de Rothschild and Chef de Cuisine John Tesar will be joined by several other acclaimed vintners and chefs, including Alessia Antinori, Deborah Harlan, Jesse Katz, Olivier Krug, Hi Sang Lee and Jae Chun along with Paul Bartolotta, Dean Fearing, Fabio Viviani, Antoine Westermann and Sue Zemanick
The Naples Children & Education Foundation (NCEF), founders of the Naples Winter Wine Festival, today unveiled an incredible lineup of world-renowned vintners and award-winning chefs who will be participating in the 23rdannual Naples Winter Wine Festival at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples on February 3-5, 2023.
With the theme “In Perfect Harmony,” the 2023 Naples Winter Wine Festival returns showcasing the finest wines, exquisite cuisine and incredible auction lots, all to benefit children in need in Collier County. Vintners, chefs and sommeliers hailing from more than half a dozen different countries will set the stage for a weekend of unique, one-of-a-kind wine and culinary experiences.
The three-day Naples Winter Wine Festival kicks off with the annual Meet the Kids Day on Friday morning, when guests will have a chance to hear from some of the children who have received support from NCEF funds and see how their involvement has positively impacted the community.
This year’s Meet the Kids Day luncheon vintners include:
- Kashy Khaledi of Ashes & Diamonds Winery in Napa, California
- Manuel Pires of Gandona Estate in St. Helena, California
- Donald Patz of Secret Door Winery in Yountville, California
- Christopher Lloyd Strieter of Senses Wines in Occidental, California
On Friday evening, guests will enjoy one of 18intimate Vintner Dinners hosted by NCEF Trustees in private homes, exclusive golf clubs and other landmark settings across Naples where guests will experience beautifully curated multi-course dinners and wine pairings under the careful direction of award-winning chefs and legendary vintners and poured by featured sommeliers.
2023 Honored Vintner Philippe Sereys de Rothschild of Château Mouton Rothschild in Bordeaux, France
Heading the list of participating vintners is 2023 Naples Winter Wine Festival Honored Vintner, Philippe Sereys de Rothschild, Chairman and CEO of Baron Philippe de Rothschild SA.
The son of Baroness Philippine de Rothschild and the famous actor Jacques Sereys, Philippe Sereys de Rothschild is head of the family company, which spans three Pauillac classified growths including Château Mouton Rothschild, a First Growth, as well as celebrated brands such as Mouton Cadet. Château Mouton Rothschild thus completes the set of Bordeaux First Growths that have taken part in the Naples Winter Wine Festival since its creation in 2001, following on from Château Haut-Brion, Château Latour, Château Margaux and Château Lafite Rothschild.
This year’s other participating vintners include:
- Marilisa Allegrini of Allegrini Estates in Tuscany, Italy
- Jesse Katz of Aperture Cellars in Healdsburg, California
- Lucas Löwi of Bodega Numanthia in Toro, Spain
- Deborah Harlan and Max Kast of BOND in Oakville, California
- Laura Catena of Catena Zapata in Mendoza, Argentina
- Grace Evenstad of Château de la Crée in Burgundy, France and Domaine Serene in Dayton, Oregon
- Cliff Lede of Cliff Lede Vineyards in Yountville, California
- Hi Sang Lee and Jae Chun of Dana Estates in St. Helena, California
- Shahpar & Darioush Khaledi of Darioush in Napa, California
- Valerie Boyd & Jeff Gargiulo of Gargiulo Vineyards in Oakville, California
- Ariel & Christopher Jackson of GranMoraine Winery and Zena Crown Vineyard in Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Violet Grgich of Grgich Hills Estate in Rutherford, California
- Kelley & Jim Bailey of Knights Bridge Winery in Calistoga, California
- Olivier Krug of Krug Champagne in Reims, France
- Alessia Antinori of Marchesi AntinoriSrl. in Florence, Italy
- Jean-Guillaume Prats of Paul Jaboulet Aîné in Rhône Valley, France
- Tim Irwin of Penfolds in Adelaide, Australia
- Emily & Paul Michael of Peter Michael Winery in Calistoga, California
- Shari & Garen Staglin of Staglin Family Vineyard in Rutherford, California
- Dominic Symington of Symington Family Estates in Douro, Portugal
“These vintners hail from some of the most prestigious winemakers around the globe,” said Bill Beynon, 2023 Festival Co-Chair and Vintner Committee Member. “Guests attending the Naples Winter Wine Festival will have an opportunity to not only sample extraordinary wines from a variety of wine growing regions, but they also will be able to meet the amazing vintners behind the wines.”
2023 Chef de Cuisine John Tesar of Knife & Spoon in Orlando, Florida
This year’s list of celebrity chefs includes nationally acclaimed, James Beard-nominated, Bravo’s “Top Chef” contestant and newly Michelin-starred Chef John Tesar as Chef de Cuisine. A visionary chef renowned for his daring and bold moves, Tesar specializes in modern American cuisine prepared with authentic European techniques. He is the founder of the Michelin Star Knife & Spoon at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes as well as the critically acclaimed Knife steakhouse concept in Dallas and Outer Reef seafood restaurant in Dana Point, California.
This year’s other participating chefs include:
- Paul Bartolotta of The Bartolotta Restaurants in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Brian Baxter of The Catbird Seat in Nashville, Tennessee
- Stephen Coe of Cork + Table in Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Cassidee Dabney of The Barn at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee
- Dean Fearing of Fearing’s Restaurant in Dallas, Texas
- Joe Flamm of Rose Mary in Chicago, Illinois
- Danny Grant of Maple & Ash in Chicago, Illinois
- Beau MacMillan of CALA Scottsdale in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Nancy Oakes of Boulevard in San Francisco, California
- Cassie Raithel of The 404 Kitchen in Nashville, Tennessee
- Reid Schilling of Shilling Canning Company in Washington, D.C.
- Alex Seidel of Mercantile dining &provision in Denver, Colorado
- Sheldon Simeon of Tin Roof in Kahului, Hawaii
- Dustin Valette of The Matheson in Healdsburg, California
- Fabio Viviani of Fabio Viviani Hospitality Group in Chicago, Illinois
- Antoine Westermann of Le Coq & Fils in Paris, France
- Sue Zemanick of Zasu in New Orleans, Louisiana
“Each year, the Naples Winter Wine Festival brings in many of the world’s most celebrated chefs,” said Rob Heidt, Jr., 2023 Festival Co-Chair and Chef Committee Member. “We are especially excited this year to have a number of chefs who are joining us for the first time for what promises will be another outstanding Festival in 2023.”
Following Friday’s opening festivities, guests will flock to the Festival’s main event – Saturday’s famed live auction, featuring some of the most incredible, one-of-a-kind culinary and wine experiences in the world. All proceeds from the live auction will benefit charities that improve the physical, emotional and educational lives of underprivileged and at-risk children in Collier County.
It should be noted that for 2023, the Festival moves to the first weekend of February, which is one week later than usual. Ticket packages for the 2023 Naples Winter Wine Festival start at $15,000 per couple for a Double Magnum package and $35,000 for two couples to experience a Jeroboam Package. For additional information, please visit: napleswinefestival.com/about-the-festival.
FEATURED PHOTO: PAUL BARTOLOTTA
About Naples Winter Wine Festival
One of the world’s most prestigious charity wine auctions, the Naples Winter Wine Festival offers a weekend of unforgettable memories. Guests enjoy world-class food and wine during intimate private dinners and are invited to bid on once-in-a-lifetime travel and wine experiences in an electrifying live auction. Since its inception in 2001, the Festival has raised nearly $244 million, making a profound difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of children in Collier County.
About Naples Children & Education Foundation
The founding organization of the Naples Winter Wine Festival, the Naples Children & Education Foundation (NCEF) is improving the educational, emotional and health outcomes of underprivileged and at-risk children in Collier County. Through its annual grants and strategic initiatives, NCEF has impacted more than 50 of the most effective nonprofits in the community, providing over 300,000 children with the services and resources they need to excel. NCEF’s unique approach, which emphasizes collaboration between organizations and bridges public and private resources, has become a blueprint for how to transform a community, one issue at a time.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!