While we prepare for the start of the school year, we must remain vigilant as we continue to monitor and prepare for a potentially active hurricane season. As a proud Southwest Floridian and your Member of Congress, my priority is not only to fight for our values in Washington but to ensure the safety of my constituents. Although many of us aren’t unfamiliar with extreme weather events, our area continues to gain new residents, and I cannot stress enough the importance of being prepared in the case of a weather emergency.
Knowledge is power, and it can save a life. Below my staff and I have provided the great people of Florida’s 19th Congressional District with critical tips, suggestions, and guidelines to best prepare you and your loved ones for a powerful storm.
• Pay close attention to various weather reports
• Stock up on emergency supplies
• Food, water, dry clothes, a first aid kit, batteries, flashlights, a radio, necessary medications, and more.
• Board up all windows and doors in your home and secure all items or belongings that may get damaged in the storm
• Make sure that you have access to a functioning vehicle
• Fill up on gas before a storm’s landfall, just in case of emergency.
• Store all essential documents in a safe and secure place
• Birth certificates, insurance papers, licenses, and more.
• If an evacuation notice is in place, it is essential to know your closest and most convenient evacuation routes.
Staying prepared is the best defense we have against torrential storms. To best serve you and the Southwest Florida community, I’ve compiled a Hurricane Preparedness Guide consisting of local and state resources. Access this all-encompassing guide, visit: www.donalds.house.gov/hurricane
Sign up for my weekly newsletter at https://donalds.house.gov/forms/emailsignup/ to be the first to know about breaking news, legislative announcements, community events, and more.
If you require assistance with a federal agency, please reach out to either my Collier County or Lee County offices:
Collier County: (239)252-6225
Lee County: (239)599-6033
Stay safe this hurricane season!
Member of Congress
CONTACT MY OFFICE
Collier County Office
3299 Tamiami Trail East • Suite 105
Naples, FL 34112
Washington, DC Office
523 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515