The Number of COVID Hospitalizations at NCH Continues its Descent
NCH is cautiously optimistic to report a continuing decline in COVID hospitalizations between our two hospitals. Today, we are treating 120 patients with COVID. We have not seen numbers in this range since the end of July. Despite the improvement for now, we still strongly encourage everyone in our community eligible for a COVID vaccine to get it.
As conditions continue to improve, the NCH COVID Response Team will be analyzing the situation to determine when in the coming weeks we can allow limited visitation once again.
COVID STATS as of Monday 9/20/21:
• The COVID positivity rate for the last 7 days for Collier County is 12.3%.
• The COVID positivity rate for the last 7 days at NCH is 10.62%.
• NCH is currently caring for a total of 476 patients between our two hospitals.
• Of that number, we are caring for 120 patients who tested positive for COVID.
• Of that number, 91 patients, or approximately 76%, are unvaccinated.
• Of that number, 38 patients are in critical care with COVID.
• We are at 113% critical care capacity with 53 of 47 beds filled.
• Of that number, 24 patients are on vents.
• Patient ages range from 9-97 with a median age of 66.
• There are 3 pediatric patients admitted with COVID.
• NCH has 9 employees who tested positive for COVID and/or isolated due to family or community related exposure.
• To date at NCH, we have had 325 admitted patient deaths due to COVID since the onset of the pandemic. This does not account for COVID deaths for patients who may have been discharged home with Hospice who subsequently passed after leaving the hospital.
About NCH Healthcare System
The NCH Healthcare System is a not-for-profit, multi-facility healthcare system located in Naples, Florida, and is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. The System is more than just two hospitals (referred to as the NCH Baker Hospital and NCH North Naples Hospital) with a total of 713 beds. NCH is an alliance of 775 physicians and medical facilities in dozens of locations throughout Collier County and southwest Florida that offers nationally recognized, quality health care to our community. Our mission is to help everyone live a longer, happier, healthier life. For more information, visit www.NCHmd.org.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!