The Buzz on 5th Avenue South Naples’ Historic Main Street Since 1923
What a productive fall quarter with the 5th Avenue South Business Improvement District (BID) reinforcing our brand as the premier destination for culinary, arts, retail and business in Naples.
December’s 46th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting and Holiday Pop-Up Market featured an inaugural long-table event showcasing 12 of Fifth Avenue South’s finest restaurants offering dining under the stars while operatic tenor Ghaleb joined Mayor Barnett in the lighting of a new 20-foot Christmas tree, donated by The Hoffmann Family of Companies and the Fifth Avenue BID.
Residents and tourists were attracted a second day to a Christmas Market and the return of Wynn’s Market to Sugden Plaza. The weekend featured live art demonstrations, musical acts, operatic concert, live Nativity Scene, skating rink and Santa. Merchant participation was at an all-time high and the positive feedback from our City residents and guests, local politicians, City of Naples staff and Naples police was tremendous.
- The new season of Faces on 5th, which offers an inside look at merchants and owners of 5th Avenue citing why they chose 5th Avenue South to locate their businesses. Featured Faces of the second season include, Aimee Schlehr of Naples Art, Christina Payton of the House of Blondes and Luca Di Falco, owner of BICE, Caffe Milano and La Trattoria.
- Partnering with the CVB to bring 6 top tier health and wellness media to our destination with a FAM (familiarity trip) last month.
- Securing consistent coverage in local media, elevating 5th Avenue South’s position as the “go-to” source for what is new and exciting in Naples.
- Robust social media continues to attract residents, visitors and tourists and our social media team was awarded a Social Media Tourism star thanks to the successful Instagram and Facebook accounts. We are constantly creating new and innovative content, solidifying 5th Avenue South’s influencer status.
- New video series Movers & Shapers capturing personal interviews with local experts and thought leaders in our community who initiate change and influence events; once again providing opportunities to tell our story to a wider audience and attract retailers from across the country with our business savvy.
- We secured a 10-year extension with the City of Naples to continue marketing the BID until 2030 continuing to a leadership position with the City in creating the most attractive street in Naples. The BID is working closely with the CRA and GAI consultants to ensure the new landscape and streetscape plans include merchants’ and property owners’ needs and desires to enhance and extend experiences.
- Consulting with world-renowned urban retail guru Bob Gibbs to strengthen 5th Avenue South’s position as the quintessential retail, dining and cultural arts destination with our proximity to the Gulf of Mexico, to luxury travel and tour shopping entities globally, and attracting more award-winning restaurants, businesses and organizations to our hometown.
- Special upcoming events on 5th Avenue include Cars on 5th (February 8) and Ben Allen Band Concert (February 13).
We believe Mayor Bill Barnett said it best in a recent interview… “when people only have 15 minutes to visit Naples, I encourage them to go walk and shop along 5th Avenue South.” I couldn’t agree more.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!