Stay Cool This Summer at the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center
When the temperature rises and Southwest Florida turns up the heat, there is no better place to chill out than the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center.
The 16,500 square foot, airconditioned environmentally friendly center has something for everyone in your family to enjoy! There are hands-on experiences at the marine-life touch tanks and interesting exhibits about the birds, animals and fish that call Rookery Bay’s 110,000 acres of coastal land home.
- Hold a sea star in your hand or touch a lightning whelk
- Climb into the “bubble” and get up close and personal in the aquarium
- Look in a microscope and become a Junior Scientist Visitors can stroll through the Rookery Bay art gallery or venture upstairs to enjoy beautiful views of the surrounding waters while checking out interactive exhibits about the history of this unique subtropical area and the native people and rugged pioneers whole lived here hundreds … even thousands of years ago!
- Relax in a giant rocking chair and enjoy the view
- Listen to the stories of the pioneers
- See Native American artifacts and displays
BOGO Family Fridays at Rookery Bay –June 17 & 24 and July 1,8, 15 & 22
Join us on select Friday’s throughout the summer for “buy-one-get-one-free” entrance to the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center and a host of activities for the whole family including story hour, crafts, food truck, marine animal “arm art” and a family movie in the 125-seat auditorium. Plus, all the typical Rookery Bay fun of touch tanks, exhibits and aquariums.
Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center
300 Tower Road, Naples, FL 34113
Hours: Monday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Remember! Rookery Bay is here for everyone to experience and explore!
Spend some time at the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center or take a guided-kayak trip or scenic boat ride.
Guided Kayak and Boat Tours:
(239) 530-5972 visit www.rookerybay.org
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!