This brings total NWWF online auction proceeds to almost$3.5 million since inception
in 2015 in support of the mission of the Naples Children & Education Foundation
The Naples Children & Education Foundation (NCEF), founders of the Naples Winter Wine Festival (NWWF), announced that its ninth annual online auction was another success, bringing in just over $600,000. This year’s online auction proceeds bring the total amount raised through the online auction to almost$3.5 million since its inception in 2015.
The online auction drew bidders from across the country, giving them the chance to bid on over 100 incredible auction lots, including rare collectible wines, private wine tastings, over-the-top dinners with well-known chefs, exotic vacations, custom art, luxury sunset cruises, golf and more.
Additional online auction highlights included:
• $16,000 for “The Luxury Bed Collection: King Vispring Sublime Superb Bed”: One lucky bidder will enjoy every nights’ sleep with this handmade bed that reflects their unique sleeping style, needs and preferences. Vispring’s master bed builders begin with sourcing only the finest British Shetland wool, organic cotton, cashmere, angora, silk and long strain horsetail hair. Between the 13 models of Vispring beds, hundreds of combinations are available, and the team at The Luxury Bed Collection will streamline the process for the winner. The fitting process will take place in the Naples store, the bed will be constructed in England and then it will be shipped to the buyer’s destination.
• $13,200 for “Italian ‘Sunday Lunch’ With The Gargiulos”: Six people will enjoy a one-of-a-kind, multi-course “Red Sauce” luncheon at the home of NCEF Trustees Valerie Boyd and Jeff Gargiulo in Naples, Florida with wines from their private Italian wine collection. The meal will be followed by music by Jeff and his musician friends.
• $12,000 for “Chef Stephen Coe: Seven-Course Interactive Wine Paired Dinner”: Eight people will experience an interactive wine-paired tasting menu dinner with nationally recognized and award-winning chef Stephen Coe. Known for his culinary creativity and ability, Chef Coe will travel to the winning bidder’s U.S. destination of their choice for this memorable meal, paired with the best Jackson Family Wines.
• $12,000 for “Betting the Bank on Bordeaux”: One lucky bidder won an amazing wine lot of Magnums and Double Magnums from some of the region’s most prestigious estates, including one 3 Liter bottle of 1998 Château Cos d’Estournel, Saint Estèphe; one 3 Liter bottle of 2001 Château Cos d’Estournel, Saint Estèphe; one 1.5 Liter bottle of 2000 ChâteauL’Évangile, Pomerol; one 1.5 Liter bottle of 2000 Château Le Fleur-Petrus, Pomerol; one 1.5 Liter bottle of 2001 Château Haut-Brion, Pessac-Leogane; and one 1.5 Liter bottle of 2001 Château Margaux.
• $11,000 for “Celebrating Burgundy”: One successful bidder will receive an incredible case of wine from the Burgundy region of France. Included in this lot are one 750ml bottle of 1998 Domaine de la Romanée Conti Romanée-Saint Vivant Marey Monge Grand Cru; one 750ml bottle of 2000 Domaine Jacques-Frederic Mugnier Musigny; one 750ml bottle of 2001 Domaine Comte Georges de Vogue Bonnes-Mares Grand Cru; one 750ml bottle of 2001 Domaine Faiveley Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru; one 750ml bottle of 2003 Joseph Drouhin Marquis de Laguiche Montrachet Grand Cru; one 750ml bottle of 2005 Domaine Dujac Clos de la Roche Grand Cru, Cote de Nuits; one 750ml bottle of 2005 Domaine du Clos de Tart Grand Cru, Mommessin; one 750ml bottle of 2007 Domaine Ponsot Clos de la Roche Grand Cru; one 750ml bottle of 2007 Domaine Armand Rousseau Pere et Fils Mazis-Chambertin Grand Cru; one 750ml bottle of 2009 Domaine des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays Grand Cru; one 750ml bottle of 2009 Joseph Drouhin Chambolle-Musigny Premier Cru; and one 750ml bottle of 2009 Alex Gambal Gevrey Chambertin VieillesVignes.
• $11,000 for “Making a Case of It”: One winning bidder will take home five cases of wine representing a sampling of styles and varietal blends from the Bordeaux region of France. The wines include 12 750ml bottles of 2005 Château Duhart-Milon, Pauillac-Medoc; 12 750ml bottles of 2005 Château La Gaffelière Premier Grand Cru Claseé Saint-Émilion; 12 750ml bottles of 2005 Château Laforge, Saint-Émilion; 12 750ml bottles of 2005 Château Lagrange Saint-Julien; and 12 750ml bottles of 2005 Château Léoville Barton Saint-Julien Grand Cru Claseé.
• $11,000 for “Fatherwood Guitar & Co. Custom Acoustic Guitar”: One lucky bidder will take home a custom-made F1 Clare Model acoustic guitar with case crafted by the father and son team of Dave and Tom Staber in Bonita Springs, Florida. The buyer will choose from a selection of options that fit their personality and playing style like no other.
• $10,000 for“20 Years of Vérité Le Désir and a Luxurious Stay in Wine Country”: Two couples will enjoy an experience in Sonoma County, California. They will spend two nights with luxury accommodations at the Jackson Family’s private residence on Spring Mountain. The trip will include a VIP tasting at the Vérité Estate with father-daughter Vigneron team Pierre and Hélène Seillan. The couples will also share a 20-bottle vertical of Vérité Le Désir(one 750ml bottle from each year between 2000 and 2019).
• $10,000 for “Elegant Dining, 100 Point Fine Wines and Contemporary Art”: Four couples will spend a fabulous evening, hosted by Dave Gibbons and Katrina and Rick Kash, featuring a wine-paired dinner prepared by Chef/Owner Lisa Resch of Carolina Catering Co. at the elegant Method & Concept in the heart of the Design District in Naples, Florida. The magnificent dinner will include great wines such as a 100-point 1996 Château Latour Grand Vin Pauillac Premier Cru Classé and multiple 99-100 point well-aged vintages of Bordeaux carefully selected from the personal collections of the Kash’s and Gibbons.
In addition, bidders paid $10,000 each to have the chance to play in the exclusive NCEF Golf Fore Kids Pro-Amat The Old Collier Golf Club on Monday, May 8, 2023. This one-of-a-kind full-day experience will be hosted by professional golfers Peter Jacobsen, Bobby Clampett, John Cook, Curtis Strange and others and will include a buffet lunch and clinic on the driving range, an 18-hole tournament with the Pros and a fabulous gourmetdinner paired with special wines.
This year marked the 23rdanniversary of the NWWF, impacting over 50 of the most effective nonprofit organizations in the community and providing over 300,000 at-risk and underprivileged children with the essential services and resources they need to excel. An amazing lineup of the world’s most acclaimed vintners, chefs and featured sommeliers hailing from seven different countries set the stage for a weekend of unique, one-of-a-kind wine and culinary experiences.
During the live auction, festival guests were inspired to bid high and often on 50 incredible auction lots, many of which included exceptional wine lots from some of the most revered vineyards across the globe, hitting a record of nearly $26 million for underserved children in Collier County. This brings the total raised by the NWWF to approximately $269 million since its inception in 2001.
Using the funds raised from this year’s Festival, NCEF will award grants to local organizations and fund strategic initiatives supporting Collier County children in need on March 20, 2023.
For additional information on the Naples Children & Education Foundation or the Naples Winter Wine Festival, please contact Lisa Juliano at email@example.com or 239-514-2239.
*Please note donations are still coming in and bids are being certified.
About Naples Winter Wine Festival
The Naples Winter Wine Festival, one of the world’s most prestigious charity wine auctions, offers a weekend of unforgettable memories. Guests enjoy world-class food and wine during intimate dinners in private homes and are invited to bid on once-in-a-lifetime travel and wine experiences during an electrifying live auction. Since its inaugural event in 2001, the Festival has raised about $269 million, making a profound difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of children.
About Naples Children & Education Foundation
The Naples Children & Education Foundation (NCEF), the founding organization of the Naples Winter Wine Festival, is improving the educational, emotional and health outcomes of underprivileged and at-risk children. Through its annual grants and strategic initiatives, NCEF has impacted more than 50 of the most effective nonprofits in the community, providing over 300,000 children with the services and resources they need to excel. NCEF’s unique approach, which emphasizes collaboration between organizations and bridges public and private resources, has become a blueprint for how to transform a community, one issue at a time.