2020 NAPLES WINTER WINE FESTIVAL
ANNOUNCES HEADLINER FOR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED VINTAGE CELLAR EVENT ALONG WITH ESTEEMED LINEUP OF MASTER SOMMELIERS
The Naples Winter Wine Festival (NWWF) is thrilled to announce that the 2020 Honored Vintner, Saskia de Rothschild of Domaines Barons de Rothschild Lafite, will be headlining this year’s Vintage Cellar event in honor of the Festival’s 20th anniversary.
The tasting will also feature special guest moderator, Antonio Galloni of Vinous.
The intimate tasting and luncheon is set to take place on Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. at Bleu Provence in Old Naples.
The celebratory event will take guests to Bordeaux with an exclusive wine tasting, showcasing the best wines from the Left and Right Banks.
The tasting will feature 2001, 2005 and 2010 Bordeaux vintages Château L’Évangile with vintages 2001, 2003 and 2010 of Château Lafite. Guests will also go back in time for a taste of beautifully aged Château Lafite vintages from 1975, 1982, 1985 and 1996.
“I am looking forward to sharing iconic vintage wines from our Bordeaux Châteaux,” said Vintage Cellar host and 2020 Honored Vintner Saskia de Rothschild. “I’m glad to continue to honor the legacy of such an institutional event within the wine community.”
Following a morning of tastings, wine enthusiasts will enjoy lunch and sip on additional wines from Domaines Barons de Rothschild Lafite such as a 2005 and 2011 Château Duhart-Milon and 2018 “R” de Rieussec.
Seating is limited and tickets are still currently available, starting at $3,250 per person.
“The 20th annual Naples Winter Wine Festival is an event that I have been looking forward to,” said Antonio Galloni of Vinous.“ Over the last 20 years, the Festival has showcased the best and most coveted wines in the world and this year, I am pleased to be moderating the Vintage Cellar Tasting with trailblazer Saskia de Rothschild, who makes some of the most renowned wines in the world.”
“In addition to de Rothschild and Galloni leading the Vintage Cellar Luncheon, we’re thrilled to welcome 20 of the world’s most recognized Master Sommeliers who are at the top of their field joining us throughout the weekend. We cannot wait for attendees to experience what we have in store for them this year” said 2020 Festival Co-Chair Joe Masterson.
Following Thursday’s Vintage Cellar event, attendees of the 2020 Festival will enjoy the recommendations from 20 Master Sommeliers during Friday night’s Vintner Dinners and Saturday’s signature Live Auction. These world-renowned sommeliers will share their breadth of expertise alongside the invited chefs and vintners to make for an unforgettable event.
Below is a list of the 2020 Naples Winter Wine Festival Master Sommeliers, in alphabetical order
- Gillian Ballance of Treasury Wine Estates in Napa, CA
- Bob Bath of The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in St. Helena, CA
- Jesse Becker of Winebow in Chicago, IL
- Fernando Beteta of Tenzing Wine & Spirits in Chicago, IL
- James Bube of Hogsalt Hospitality in Chicago, IL
- Ian Cauble of SommSelect in Napa, CA
- Will Costello of Bien Nacido and Solomon Hills Vineyards in Central Coast, CA
- Dana Gaiser of Lauber Imports and Vitamin D Consulting in New York, NY
- Keith Goldston of Landry’s in Houston, TX
- Jennifer Huether of Gargoyle Wine Club in Ontario, Canada
- Élyse Lambert a consultant in Montréal, Canada
- Jack Mason of Pappas Bros. Steakhouse in Houston, TX
- Michael McNeill of Georgia, Alabama & Tennessee Crown in Atlanta, GA
- George Miliotes of Wine Bar George in Orlando, FL
- Jarad Slipp of RdV Vineyards in Delaplane, VA
- Pier-Alexis Soulière of pasouliere.com in Québec, Canada
- Larry Stone of Lingua Franca in Salem, OR
- Laura Williamson a consultant in Carlsbad, CA
- David Yoshida of Pollux Wine in Berkeley, CA
- Jill Zimorski of Moët Hennessy in Chicago, IL
The Naples Winter Wine Festival, one of the world’s most prestigious charity wine auctions, offers a weekend of unforgettable memories. Guests enjoy world-class food and wine during intimate dinners in private homes, and are invited to bid on once-in-a-lifetime travel and wine experiences during an electrifying live auction.
Since its inaugural event in 2001, the NWWF has raised more than $191 million, making a profound difference in the lives of thousands of children. Ticket packages to NWWF start at $12,500 per couple. A $30,000 package that includes reserved seating for a party of four at a Vintner Dinner and under the auction tent is also available. To inquire about tickets to the Festival, please contact Barrett Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-514-2239.
The Naples Children & Education Foundation, the founding organization of the Naples Winter Wine Festival, is improving the educational, emotional, and health outcomes of underprivileged and at-risk children. Through its annual grants and strategic initiatives, NCEF has impacted over 45 of the most effective nonprofits inthe community, providing 275,000 children with the services and resources they need to excel.
NCEF’s unique approach, which emphasizes collaboration between organizations and bridges public and private resources, has become a blueprint for how to transform a community, one issue at a time.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!