TICKETS ON SALE NOW FOR 5 TH ANNUAL VON ARX FAMILY
FOUNDATION SW FLORIDA DIABETES & WELLNESS CONFERENCE
The region’s leading experts on diabetes prevention and wellness will present at the 5th annual von Arx Family Foundation Southwest Florida Diabetes Wellness Conference on November 3 rd. This year’s conference takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Florida SouthWestern State College – Collier Campus, 7505 Grand Lely Dr.
Founded by the Help A Diabetic Child Foundation, the von Arx Family Foundation Southwest Florida Diabetes camp; Wellness Conference each year brings together doctors, researchers, medical experts, patients, parents and caregivers whose lives have been affected by diabetes. Top experts provide an educational and professional forum to further public knowledge on diabetes education, wellness, prevention and research.
The schedule of guest speakers includes:
– Dr. Angelina Bernier is an Assistant Professor at the University of Florida in the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology. She is Fellowship Director of the Pediatric Endocrinology Program and Pediatric Metabolic & Obesity Program Medical Director, where her focus is to establish an efficacious pediatric obesity care center. Aside from clinical responsibility and education, her primary research focus is pediatric diabetes education, for which she is developing and testing new methods of improving learning for children with diabetes. Her goal is to establish a model that can be extended to other pediatric chronic diseases.
– Dr. Charles W. Graeber is Program Director for the NCH Healthcare System Internal Medicine Residency program, a position he has held since February 2016. The program has been developed in partnership with the Mayo Clinic. Dr. Graeber currently holds appointments as Adjunct Assistant Professor for Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science as well as Professor of Medicine for the University of Central Florida Medical School. He has an extensive and varied career that spans private practice, community health care and academic medicine.
– Timothy S. Harlan practices internal medicine at the Tulane University School of Medicine where he is Associate Dean for Clinical Services. Harlan also serves as Executive Director of the Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine , the first of its; kind teaching kitchen, operated by a medical school. His love of food began as a teenager working in the restaurant business. In medical school, Dr. Harlan wrote
“It’s Heartly Fare,” a food manual for patients with cardiovascular disease. Since then, he has published numerous books focusing on translating evidence-based diet and nutrition information for the public. Harlan is the publisher of the popular web site Dr Gourmet.com , where information garnered from the Mediterranean diet literature is translated in a practical way for use in the American kitchen.
– Dr. Jaclyn Kovach is a retina specialist and Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (BPEI), University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Dr. Kovach has lived in Naples and cared for patients at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute locally for the past 12 years. In 2015, in an effort to bring cutting-edge treatments for retinal disease to the Naples community, Dr. Kovach created a Clinical Trial Center at BPEI Naples. In addition to pursuing her mission of excellence in patient care, Dr. Kovach has created and directs a rotation for medical students, a medical retina fellowship based at BPEI
Naples and an annual retina conference that draws retina specialists from across the nation. Dr. Kovach has published more than 90 book chapters and peer-reviewed articles and has presented her research with a focus on macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy in over 100 lectures around the world.
– Dr. Piero Policicchio has been practicing family dentistry in Holland, Mich., and surrounding cities for more than 30 years. In treating patients, Dr. Policicchio uses cutting-edge technology, combined with patient education and high-level patient involvement. Dr. Policicchio is the inventor of Dental Air Force and CEO of Air Force, Inc. His latest clinical trial studies, using his Dental Air Force system versus toothbrush and floss on diabetic patients, showed a reduction in HbA1c (diabetic blood marker) by over 1% in conjunction with periodontal therapy. He has published many articles on periodontal health as it relates to heart disease, respiratory health, diabetes, strokes and other systemic diseases. He is the former Executive Editor for the "Journal of Experimental Dental Science” and contributing author to Hospital Infection Control: Clinical Guidelines. He also is the author of “Never Brush Your Teeth Again!” and an international speaker.
– Prerna Poojary-Mazzotta has been with the University of Florida in February 2018. She previously conducted research, primarily in nursing homes and also worked at an in-patient rehabilitation center while continuing didactic work for the Ph.D. program. In 2015, Poojary-Mazzotta accepted a position as an Instructor at the University of Saint Augustine for Health Sciences. She continued conducting her Ph.D. research work while she taught at the university and started practicing as a home health therapist. Poojary-Mazzotta has a total of four certifications: in wound care (2016), lymphedema therapy (2016), oncology lymphedema management (2017) and in gerontology, with a specialization in mental health (2016). Her research interests include conducting qualitative and quantitative research in the fields of Assistive Technology, Online Education, Blended Learning, Lymphedema and Patient Care Outcomes.
– Peggy Sealfon is a personal development coach, author, motivational speaker and an internationally-recognized expert on dealing with stress and anxiety. Sealfon effectively coaches clients (and corporate groups) in her IntegratedLifePlan.com , a customized blend of Western and Eastern traditions. Her fast-track, cutting-edge system improves performance and helps create a balanced, productive, happy and
healthful life. She is the author of the best-selling book “Escape From Anxiety-Supercharge Your Life With Powerful Strategies From A to Z.” Sealfon founded Florida’s Paradise Coast Wellness Alliance and co-founded the online hub for health and wellness at BeWellinParadise.com. Her website is PeggySealfon.com.
– Marci Schneider, MHS, OTR/L is a pediatric occupational therapist. She has dedicated her career to providing school-based occupational therapy services to children and youth ages 3-22 throughout North Central Florida. She has a Masters of Health Science and is currently a doctoral candidate in the Rehabilitation Science Ph.D. Program at the University of Florida. Her current research is focused on establishing grip strength procedures and norms in children ages 5-15, as well as the relationship between grip strength and children’s health status with a primary emphasis on obesity and the metabolic syndrome. She has presented her work at the Florida Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference and the American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference and Expo.
– Diana Sherifali, RN, Ph.D., CDE, is an Associate Professor in the School of Nursing and Health Research Methods, Evidence and Impact at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Sherifali also is an Associate Scientist at the Population Health Research Institute and a Clinical Nurse Specialist in the Diabetes Care and Research Program at Hamilton Health Sciences . Sherifali is also Co-Director of the McMaster Evidence Review and Synthesis Team, which supported the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care, Public Health Agency of Canada, and, more recently, Diabetes Canada. Her research interests include identifying and implementing innovative approaches, such as coaching, synthesis and guidelines, and testing novel approaches to optimize patients’ participation in diabetes care.
The von Arx Family Foundation Southwest Florida Diabetes Wellness Conference is chaired by Dolph and Sharon von Arx, who have been philanthropic and service pillars of the Naples area for over 30 years. Serving as the chairs of this conference has raised the bar for the goals of educating diabetes prevention education and wellness throughout the region and to further establish the conference as an annual mainstay in the Naples area.
Presented by Germain BMW of Naples, the von Arx Family Foundation Southwest Florida Diabetes Conference is open to the public. Tickets start at $20 per person. All proceeds go to provide life-saving medicine and supplies for children with diabetes and to support diabetes programming and education in our community through the Help a Diabetic Child Foundation. CME credits for physicians, nurses and other medical professionals are offered for this conference. Corporate sponsorships are also available.
About the von Arx Family Foundation SW Florida Diabetes Wellness Conference. The von Arx Family Foundation Southwest Florida Diabetes Conference was originally developed in 2015 by the Help a Diabetic Child Foundation in collaboration with Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida. Those two organizations were joined by the National Wellness Institute and Health Partners in 2018. The full-day conference offers lecture-style talks, hands-on demonstrations, nutritional advice for diabetes management and prevention, vendors and products, support groups, and other educational
opportunities. For additional information or reservations, visit www.FLDiabetes.com
NAPLES WINTER WINE FESTIVAL CELEBRATES 20TH ANNIVERSARY WITH NEVER BEFORE SEEN, ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME AUCTION LOTS
Imagine receiving private tennis lessons from a tennis champion during Wimbledon, being one of the first to own a 2020 Bentley Flying Spur sedan, sipping on some of the finest and rarest wines from the prestigious Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite), or taking a private tour through Cambodia and Vietnam where you’ll visit the world’s most coveted historical landmarks. In honor of the Naples Winter Wine Festival’s (NWWF) 20th Anniversary, guests will have a chance to bid on and win these highly coveted wines and experiences at the 2020 Festival, scheduled for January 24-26, 2020 at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, Florida.
This year’s auction lots will offer bidders an opportunity to commemorate and be a part of the Festival’s dazzling 20-year legacy. Every dollar raised under the tent for the Naples Children & Education Foundation (NCEF) will be allocated through grants to strategic initiatives and programs that support the Collier County community.
“Each year, our generous partners, long-time supporters, Co-Chairs and Trustees are able to provide bidders at the NWWF with truly unique culinary, wine, travel and red-carpet experiences,” said Peter Welsh, 2020 NWWF Co-Chair. “It is because of the Festival’s ability to continue to bring these curated experiences year after year that we have been able to forge a 20-year legacy as the world’s most successful wine festival.”
This year’s coveted auction items include: Own One of the First Bentley Flying Spurs in the US and Take and an Exclusive Tour of Bentley Motors in Crewe – Discover what it’s like to ride in style with a new 2020 Bentley Flying Spur sedan and visit the world-famous production facility at Bentley Motors in Crewe, Cheshire to see one on the production line. One couple will receive a round-trip business-class ticket to London in February and spend three nights at the chic Connaught Hotel. Located in London’s stylish Mayfair village with a discreet English ambiance and contemporary five-star touches, the hotel is known for its winning combination of elegance and world-famous service. Ground transportation throughout the stay will be included.
1-Week, 158-Ft Private Yacht Cruise for Four Couples – Enjoy a one-week cruise in the Western Mediterranean Sea (for late Spring or Summer 2020) or the Caribbean (for early Spring or Winter 2020) with a luxurious experience. Four couples will travel on the 158-foot Feadship M/Y Gitana, featuring VIP amenities including a private chef to prepare gourmet meals, 10 crew members, 5 cabins (1 Master, 2 Double and 2 Twin) for accommodations, kayaks for water activities, as well as a plunge pool. The yacht will also feature Bodega 202 wines on-board. Airfare to be provided for the four winning couples from any major city in the U.S. to the closest port of embarkation of their choosing. All fuel charges, dockage fees and guest provisioning, including food and beverages, are included. Roundtrip, private airfare will also be included.
Time Traveling Tasting with Château Lafite Rothschild – Three lucky couples will journey through a time-traveling tasting experience with Château Lafite and an extravagant journey to Bordeaux. The winning couple and two guest couples will have VIP assistance at the Paris Airport and receive first-class train tickets from Paris to Bordeaux, and luxury hotel accommodations while in Bordeaux for two nights. The winning couples will receive nine 750ml (ranging from the 1905 vintage to 2010) and six 1.5-liter bottles (ranging from 1955 to 2002) from Château Lafite, signed by Baron Eric de Rothschild and Saskia de Rothschild. The trip will also include dinner at the private home of the Rothschild family at Château Lafite hosted by world-renowned vintner Saskia de Rothschild or CEO Jean-Guillaume Prats.
Ferrari Trento Italian Art of Living Journey – This once-in-a-lifetime, eight-day experience with gourmet dining, a helicopter tour, tailor-made fashion and breathtaking landscapes will be for two couples. Guests will travel between Milan and the Dolomites, visiting the most significant and historic sites like The Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci, Fondazione Prada, the Dolomite Mountains and Lake Garda. Guests will also go home with two tailor-made suits by Zegna and two pairs of luxury women’s shoes designed by René Caovilla. They will also have sports and wellness activities in Lake Garda and Alta Badia with expert guides. In Trento, the couples have lunch at Locanda Margon, the restaurant of the Ferrari Trento Winery, a guided visit to the 16th-century Villa Margon and a private tasting at Ferrari Trento Winery with the Chef de Cave and a member of the Lunelli family. Couples will go home with 20 bottles of some of Ferrari Trento’s most notable wines. Roundtrip, business-class airfare to and from Milan is included along with hotel accommodations, meals and ground transportation.
A TIMELESS Experience in Napa Valley and Bordeaux, France – Indulge in a timeless experience with three nights in Napa Valley for two couples and three nights in the cultural city of Bordeaux, France for one couple featuring the inaugural release of Silver Oak’s new venture, 2017 TIMELESS Cabernet Sauvignon. TIMELESS is an evolution of an almost 10 year collaboration with winemaker Jean-Claude Berrouet of Château Pétrus and the name is a callback to a song, also titled “Timeless,” that David Duncan penned with country songwriter Monty Powell, artist Anna Wilson and Jeff Gargiulo. David dedicated “Timeless” to his father and Silver Oak Founder Ray Duncan, and the poetry also appears on the bottles. Accommodations at the Duncan family’s private Calistoga Ranch residence in Napa Valley are included along with a special dinner featuring a custom menu prepared by winery chef Dominic Orsini. The couples will attend an intimate concert in Oakville by Monty Powell and Anna Wilson, an exclusive tour of the TIMELESS estate vineyard and a private dinner at The French Laundry in Yountville. The winning couple will then jet set to the famous winegrowing region of Bordeaux, where they will meet Jean-Claude Berrouet, for a countryside lunch and a complete day of wine tasting and tours in Saint-Émilion, Bordeaux. In addition to a case of special Bordeaux wines, five-star accommodations at Hostellerie de Plaisance, VIP train tickets, roundtrip, Business-Class airfare, and private airport transfers in California and France are included.
2020 Wimbledon, Cotswolds and British Open – Watch some of the world’s best athletes at both the 2020 Wimbledon and British Open and stay at a 16th-century manor house in the heart of the Cotswolds. Two couples will receive Wimbledon Club Debenture tickets, with Center Court tickets for the Women’s Singles Finals, the Men’s Singles Finals and the Men’s and Women’s Doubles Finals. They will stay in Deluxe Junior Suites at The Connaught in London, enjoy a private 90-minute tennis lesson with a tennis champion and receive special access to the player and celebrity lounges. Guests will also go home with four pairs of shoes from Stan Smith, four racquets from a tennis icon and get a private, behind-the-scenes tour of Wimbledon by a Hall of Fame player. In between the two tournaments, the couples will receive en suite accommodations in an English manor with a heated pool, landscape views of the English countryside, and an in-house private chef preparing all meals. Guests will then receive VIP tickets to all four days of the 2020 British Open at Royal St. Georges and accommodations in Suites at Canterbury Cathedral. Roundtrip, private airfare will also be included.
Lakani World Tours – Take a peek into Europe’s hidden historic gems with this private jet adventure across six European cities. The trip will start in Helsinki, Finland where guests will tour the highlights of the capital city, followed by three nights in Baku, Azerbaijan at the Four Seasons Hotel where they can enjoy a sunset cruise and dinner at one of Baku’s oldest restaurants. Guests will then stay in their own private villa in Rhodes, Greece and visit the ancient castle and acropolis in Lindos, traveling by donkey if they choose. The next stop is Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina to tour its iconic Stari Most, its minaret and bazaar followed by three nights at the Grand Hotel Majestic in Bologna, Italy, where they’ll tour the city and indulge in its extraordinary culture and history. The adventure will conclude with three nights in Biarritz, France at the Hotel du Palais where ocean-view suites await. Roundtrip, business class airfare from the U.S. to Helsinki and from Biarritz is included.
Family Escape to Trout Lake – Relax and unplug with a five-day family retreat on Trout Lake in Northern Wisconsin at the home of 2020 NWWF Co-Chairs Nancy & Joe Masterson. The winners of this lot, along with 12 to 14 of their family or guests, will experience the great outdoors in a private retreat with amenities including; bike trails, access to Northern Wisconsin’s premiere golf club, sunset cruises and water activities. A private chef will be available to prepare meals on a daily basis. Roundtrip, private airfare from either Chicago or Minneapolis will be included.
11-Night Tour of Cambodia and Vietnam – Two couples will first travel to Hanoi for three days before taking off in an overnight cruise to the UNESCO World Heritage site, Ha Long Bay. Guests will stay at the Four Seasons luxury resort The Nam Hai in Hoi An for three nights in one-bedroom villas and spend days exploring the village, learning to prepare local dishes and visiting ancient temples. Following Hoi An, guests will fly to Ho Chi Minh City and stay at the Park Hyatt Saigon and explore the city’s most vibrant spots and neighborhoods. Lastly, visit Siem Reap, Cambodia and stay at the Phum Baitang Resort for three nights in Pool Villas and see everything from a 12th-century temple to the studio of a couture Khmer fashion designer.
Since inception, the NWWF and NCEF have been dedicated to bettering the lives of children in Collier County by raising funds during the Festival’s heart pounding Live Auction. Each year, NCEF looks to identify the community’s most pressing needs. Whether it’s child advocacy, education or children’s healthcare, NCEF’s mission is to support effective, disciplined charitable programs that significantly improve the physical, emotional and educational lives of underprivileged and at-risk children in Collier County.
“The Festival is such a staple in our community not only because of its world-class wine and culinary offerings, but also due to the incredible impact the Festival and Foundation have had on the community,” said 2020 NWWF Co-Chair Shirley Welsh. “NWWF’s success is a result of the outstanding support we’ve received over the last 20 years and we’re excited to use the 2020 Festival as the beginning of another 20 years of community change and progress.”
Ticket packages to NWWF start at $12,500 per couple. A $30,000 package that includes reserved seating for a party of four at a Vintner Dinner and under the auction tent is also available. To inquire about tickets to the Festival, please contact Barrett Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-514-2239.
ABOUT THE NAPLES CHILDREN & EDUCATION FOUNDATION
The Naples Children & Education Foundation, the founding organization of the Naples Winter Wine Festival, is improving the educational, emotional, and health outcomes of underprivileged and at-risk children. Through its annual grants and strategic initiatives, NCEF has impacted over 45 of the most effective nonprofits in the community, providing 275,000 children with the services and resources they need to excel. NCEF’s unique approach, which emphasizes collaboration between organizations and bridges public and private resources, has become a blueprint for how to transform a community, one issue at a time.
ABOUT THE NAPLES WINTER WINE FESTIVAL
The Naples Winter Wine Festival, one of the world’s most prestigious charity wine auctions, offers a weekend of unforgettable memories. Guests enjoy world-class food and wine during intimate dinners in private homes, and are invited to bid on once-in-a-lifetime travel and wine experiences during an electrifying live auction. Since its inaugural event in 2001, the NWWF has raised more than $191 million, making a profound difference in the lives of thousands of children.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013