This brings total NWWF online auction proceeds to more than$2.1 million since inception
in 2015 in support of the mission of the Naples Children & Education Foundation
The Naples Children & Education Foundation (NCEF), founders of the Naples Winter Wine Festival (NWWF), announced that its seventh annual online auction set another record this week, bringing in $678,000. This year’s auction proceeds bring the total amount raised through the online auction to more than$2.1 million since its inception in 2015.
The online auction drew bidders from across the country, giving them the chance to bid on more than 125 incredible experiences, including rare collectible wines, virtual wine tastings, over-the-top dinners with top chefs, virtual performances, custom art, luxury sunset cruises, golf and more.
“We are so appreciative of the overwhelming generosity of our donors, who stepped up despite the many challenges of the past year and helped us assemble some remarkable, one-of-a-kind online auction lots,” said Ann Bain, co-chair of the NWWF Online Auction Committee. “And our amazing bidders matched that generosity, as we broke our record and raised $678,000 to support NCEF’s mission of improving the lives of underprivileged and at-risk children in Collier County.”
This year’s top online bid was $28,000 for “Lokoya Estate: Put a Spring Mountain in your Step,” a rare opportunity for two (2) couples to spend two nights at the Lokoya Villa on Spring Mountain, sampling some of the very best wines that Napa Valley has to offer. Also included is a VIP tasting at Lokoya, a private virtual tasting with Lokoya winemaker, Christopher Carpenter, and a curated selection of wines from Lokoya, Cardinale, Caladan, La Jota Vineyard Co. and Mt. Brave. This popular lot drew multiple bids and was doubled, selling to two lucky winners at $28,000 each.
Additional online auction highlights included:
$22,000 for “Dana Estates: Celebrating 15 Years,” a 15-year 750ml vertical of Dana Estates Helms Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon from 2005-2020 (2019 and 2020 will be shipped after they have been bottled). Included in this package is a three (3) night stay at the Dana Estates guest house on the estate in Rutherford, CA for up to four (4) guests with a private tour, wine tasting and lunch or dinner at the winery. Also included is the opportunity to play one (1) round of golf at the Silverado Golf & Country Club and one (1) round of golf at Mayacama Golf Club for up to four (4) guests.
- $18,000 for “California Legends: 15 Wines, 1,500 Points,” an amazing collection of three 750ml bottles each of five 100-point wines all in original wood boxes: 2013 Harlan Estate Red Wine, 2013 Hundred Acre “Few and Far Between” Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014 PROMONTORY Red Wine, 2014 Scarecrow Cabernet Sauvignon, and 2015 Colgin Cellars IX Estate.
- $15,500 for “A Hallberg Hangout,” a private outdoor BBQ for up to sixteen (16) guests hosted by NCEF Trustees Sharon & Chuck Hallberg with Chef Sebastian Mazzotta and Nashville music performer Ira Dean & Friends. Wines to be enjoyed at the BBQ include: 4 – 750ml 2011 Peter Michael Clos du Ciel Estate Pinot Noir; 4 – 750ml 2012 Domaine Serene Grace Vineyard Pinot Noir; 4 – 750ml (2010) Domaine Serene Monogram Pinot Noir; and 4 – 750ml 2013 Peter Michael Le Caprice, Estate Pinot Noir.
- $15,000 for “Grappino Pasta Dinner: 99 Bottles on the Wall,” a private pasta dinner with wine for up to ten (10) guests at the modern, relaxed Grappino restaurant in Naples, FL.
- $15,000 for “Legendary Left and Right Bank Bordeaux, A Bevy of Greatness,” a rare collection of First Growth French wines, including one 750ml bottle each of 1982 Château Cheval Blanc, 1982 Château Haut-Brion, 1982 Château Lafite Rothschild, 1982 Château Latour, 1982 Château Margaux, 1982 Château Mouton Rothschild and 1982 Pétrus.
- $14,500 for “Dinner with Valerie & Jeff: Gather with the Gargiulos,” a private themed dinner at the home of NCEF Founding Trustees Valerie Boyd and Jeff Gargiulo in Naples for up to twelve (12) guests. Décor and event coordination will be provided by Margaret Events. The evening will feature limited edition wines selected from the Gargiulo’s personal cellar along with a one-hour virtual concert by Grammy® Award-winning country recording star, Billy Dean.
- $12,500 for “Key West: Mile Marker 0,” a luxurious Key West fishing adventure that includes a three (3) day, two (2) night stay for up to four (4) guests at The Galleon Resort & Marina, a waterfront property nestled in the heart of Old Town. Guests will fish one (1) day on a Boston Whaler 350 Outrage with an experienced fishing Captain. Roundtrip, Private Airfare from Naples is included on a Phenom 300.
- $12,000 for “A Match Made in Heaven: Champagne & Sake Tasting Dinner,” a lavish night of food and drink for up to ten (10) guests at the home of NCEF Trustees Terry and Bob Edwards, including a caviar tasting sponsored by Petrossian and led by a caviar expert. The night will culminate in an omakase dining experience complete with a unique pairing of Rare Champagnes by renowned sommelier Lukas Dempsey. Guests also will be offered a private tour of the Maison in Reims, France, plus a tasting while at the estate.
The 2021 Naples Winter Wine Festival “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” celebrated the dedicated community of partners who have helped deliver life-changing services to underprivileged and at-risk children in Collier County. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, this year’s event was re-engineered to prioritize the health and safety of all NCEF donors, patrons and partners.
A highlight of this year’s Festival was a special televised event on Saturday, January 30, 2021. Courtesy of WINK-TV, this one-hour primetime broadcast was an opportunity for NCEF to build awareness of the organization and the systems of care it has created to support local children. The program wove together live and pre-recorded segments offering inspirational success stories, personal stories from parents and beneficiaries, reflections from NCEF Trustees, and the measurable impact NCEF has had in Collier County since the inaugural Festival in 2001.
Festival guests who tuned in were further inspired to bid high and often during the invitation-only Virtual Auction that kicked off right after the program. The Virtual Auction replaced the traditional, live auction and featured seven incredible experiences in travel, wine and cuisine, followed by a virtual paddle raise, “Your Help Grants Hope.” The Virtual Auction raised just over $7.3 million.
NCEF will award its annual grants to local nonprofit organizations, including the multi-year strategic initiatives that fill fundamental gaps in children’s services, in March.
For additional information on the Naples Children & Education Foundation or the Naples Winter Wine Festival, please contact Lisa Juliano at email@example.com or 239-514-2239.
*Please note donations are still coming in and bids are being certified.
About Naples Children & Education Foundation
The Naples Children & Education Foundation, the founding organization of the Naples Winter Wine Festival, is improving the educational, emotional and health outcomes of underprivileged and at-risk children. Through its annual grants and collaborative strategic initiatives, NCEF has impacted over 45 of the most effective nonprofits in the community, providing more than 275,000 children with the services and resources they need to excel. NCEF’s unique approach, which emphasizes collaboration between organizations and bridges public and private resources, has become a blueprint for how to transform a community, one issue at a time.
About Naples Winter Wine Festival
The Naples Winter Wine Festival, one of the world’s most prestigious charity wine auctions, offers a weekend of unforgettable memories. Guests enjoy world-class food and wine during intimate dinners in private homes and are invited to bid on once-in-a-lifetime travel and wine experiences during an electrifying live auction. Since its inaugural event in 2001, the NWWF has raised nearly $220 million, making a profound difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of children.