2021 Naples Winter Wine Festival “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” Raises Millions
to Support Underprivileged and At-Risk Children in Collier County
The Naples Children & Education Foundation (NCEF), founders of the Naples Winter Wine Festival (NWWF), is pleased to announce its first-ever virtual Festival raised close to $7.2 million for the underprivileged and at-risk children of Collier County. This brings the total amount raised by the Festival to nearly $220 million since its inception in 2001.
The Naples Winter Wine Festival marks its 21st year, impacting more than 45 of the most effective nonprofits in the local community and providing more than 275,000 local children with the services and resources they need to excel. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, this year’s event was re-engineered to prioritize the health and safety of all NCEF donors, patrons and partners.
“We are so grateful to everyone who participated in this year’s NWWF who, despite the devastating global health pandemic, generously supported the children in Collier County,” said Maria Jimenez-Lara, NCEF Chief Executive Officer. “These funds will be rapidly deployed in our community to help make sure that every child who requires help will receive it.”
This year’s invitation-only virtual auction featured seven incredible experiences in travel, wine and cuisine, followed by a virtual paddle raise, “Your Help Grants Hope.” Here is a breakdown:
- $130,000 for “Cheers to the Past 20 Years!”– One (1) lucky winner will celebrate two decades of the NWWF with an incredible collection of 1.5 Liter Magnum bottles, including some of the finest and rarest wines from top estates in California, France, Spain and beyond. Among the wines donated by NCEF Trustees and donors are a 2016 Château Cheval Blanc, 2015 Château Haut-Brion, 2006 Château Lafite Rothschild, 2014 Schrader “Old Sparky” Beckstoffer to Kalon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon and a 2014 Vérité “La Joie” Sonoma County Red Wine.
- $170,000 for “A California Coastal Adventure”– One (1) lucky couple will receive a complimentary two-year lease on a brand-new Lexus LC convertible that they will be able to drive throughout their California adventure before it is shipped to the winning bidder’s home. The couple will travel roundtrip on a private Northern Jet Management Bombardier Learjet 75 to California’s Central Coast where they will spend five days and four nights at the iconic Pebble Beach Resort. Activities include a day at the legendary Laguna Seca Raceway Lexus Performance Driving School with Hall of Fame driver and winemaker Scott Pruett, a golf lesson and round of golf at Pebble Beach Golf Links, a treatment at the Five-Star spa, and dinner at Post Ranch Inn’s Sierra Mar restaurant. Continuing to Santa Barbara, the couple will enjoy three days and two nights at the luxurious Belmond El Encanto, tourthe famous Bien Nacido Vineyards, and enjoy a private dinner with 2020 Wine Enthusiast “Winemaker of the Year” Greg Brewer of Brewer-Clifton Winery. The winners also take home a Magnum set of Sine Qua Non.
- $170,000 for “A Symphony of Taste”–Two (2) couples will explore Krug champagne with the following: four 3-Liter bottles of Krug Grande Cuvée, a blend of over 120 wines from 10 or more vintages; four 3-Liter bottles of Krug Rosé, a gastronomic Champagne created from 150 reserve wines of different years; and four 3-Liter bottles of 2000 Krug Vintage Brut, blended by the house to mark the last vintage of the millennium. They also will receive four of Krug’s limited edition 750ml “Soloist to Orchestra” 3-bottle sets from four eloquent years (2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006). In addition, Olivier Krug will join the winners for a private virtual tasting to open any of the bottles and explore the collection.
- $400,000 for “Blue Waters, Brilliant Dreams with Cuvée”– Up to eight (8) guests will spend six days and five nights at Cuvée’s new private, ocean-hugging villa, Vue de Rêves (View of Dreams) on the island of St. Barth’s. Each of the five master ensuites on four different levels provides jaw-dropping views over Eden Rock and the turquoise waters of Baie de Saint Jean. Guests will enjoy a luxurious four-course dinner prepared by Cuvée’s French Chef Christophe Moreau, a private vinyasa yoga session at the villa, and one day aboard a 50-foot catamaran for sailing, snorkeling and exploring. Wines hand selected by the NWWF team will be provided to stock the home. Roundtrip, Private Airfare from Naples to St. Maarten, and from St. Maarten to St. Barth’s is included.
- $350,000 for “Private Powder”–Eight (8) guests will be treated to an eight-day, seven-night ski vacation at the magnificent Yellowstone Club in Big Sky, Montana during the 2021-22 ski season. Included are private accommodations in a five-bedroom, five-bath residence and ski lift tickets. Two Chevrolet Suburban vehicles will be available for their private use during the getaway. Throughout the stay, guests will enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at any of the resort’s restaurants. In addition, a private chef will prepare two exclusive dinners at the residence, and the group will dine one evening at BāBā by MING TSAI. Roundtrip, Private Airfare aboard a Global Express aircraft will transport them from any location in the continental United States to Bozeman, Montana and back.
- $260,000 for “Napa Soils, Napa Souls”–Four (4) lucky couples will spend five days and four nights at the luxurious Poetry Inn in the heart of California’s Wine Country. The trip will explore the soils and souls of Napa with four celebrated winemakers, giving the couples an in-depth knowledge of the region’s history, geology, farming practices and winemaking. The winning bidders and their guests will enjoy private tours and tastings at several highly regarded wineries, including Accendo Cellars, Cliff Lede Vineyards, Colgin Cellars and Gargiulo Vineyards. They will also enjoy dinner at Chef Thomas Keller’s The French Laundry, a three-starred Michelin restaurant since 2007. Roundtrip, Private Airfare is included from any U.S. city on a VistaJet super-midsize aircraft.
- $200,000 for “Home Is Where the Heart Is”– One (1) lucky couple will celebrate the very best that Naples has to offer in dining, clothing, jewelry and timepieces. Included is an in-home ReVision closet edit and a $20,000shopping spree at Marissa Collections. The couple also receives his and hers bespoke jackets and shirts designed exclusively for them by elevée Fine Clothing as well as a pair of his and hers Chanel J12 watches: black ceramic and steel for him and white ceramic and steel for her. Then, a party of up to 10 guests will enjoy a five-course Italian dinner at Amore Ristorante, paired with wines perfectly selected by the NWWF team. Roundtrip, Private VIP transportation to the restaurant is included. The lucky winners will also receive a Jeroboam package to the 2022 NWWF (January 27-30, 2022), including three nights in Resort View rooms at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, for two couples and four VIP tickets to each Festival event, starting with Thursday’s exclusive Grand Crew party.
The Virtual Paddle Raise also continued to define guests’ generosity, raising more than $5.5 million to ensure that every child’s physical, emotional and educational needs are met during these uncertain times. Every dollar raised will allow NCEF’s nonprofit partners to continue to provide the critical services needed to ensure a bright future for children in our community.
Prior to the virtual auction, the entire community was encouraged to tune in to the first-ever televised event. This one-hour program courtesy of WINK-TV featured entertainment from 2010 Grammy® Award and 2000 Tony Award winner Heather Headley and musical artist Troubadour 77, featuring Grammy® and ASCAP award-winning songwriters Monty Powell and Anna Wilson.
The program combined live and pre-recorded segments and was an opportunity for NCEF to build awareness of the organization and the systems of care it has created to support local children. Personal stories from young adults and children were presented from each of NCEF’s four service categories – Child Advocacy, Early Learning, Medical/Healthcare and Out-of-School Time.
While the 2021 Naples Winter Wine Festival has drawn to a close, supporters still have the opportunity to bid on over 125 incredible food, wine and virtual experiences through the popular online auction. These remarkable, one-of-a-kind auction lots include rare wines, virtual wine tastings, over-the-top dinners, virtual concerts, custom art, luxury sunset cruises, golf and more.
Those interested in participating in the online auction or donating to the Call to Action are invited to go to nwwfonlineauction.com and start bidding through Tuesday, February 2 at 5 p.m. (EST).
NCEF will award its annual grants to local nonprofit organizations, including the multi-year strategic initiatives that fill fundamental gaps in children’s services, in March.
For additional information on the Naples Children & Education Foundation or the Naples Winter Wine Festival, contact Lisa Juliano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-514-2239.
*Please note donations are still coming in and bids are being certified.
About Naples Children & Education Foundation
The Naples Children & Education Foundation, the founding organization of the Naples Winter Wine Festival, is improving the educational, emotional and health outcomes of underprivileged and at-risk children. Through its annual grants and collaborative strategic initiatives, NCEF has impacted over 45 of the most effective nonprofits in the community, providing more than 275,000 children with the services and resources they need to excel. NCEF’s unique approach, which emphasizes collaboration between organizations and bridges public and private resources, has become a blueprint for how to transform a community, one issue at a time.
About Naples Winter Wine Festival
The Naples Winter Wine Festival, one of the world’s most prestigious charity wine auctions, offers a weekend of unforgettable memories. Guests enjoy world-class food and wine during intimate dinners in private homes and are invited to bid on once-in-a-lifetime travel and wine experiences during an electrifying live auction. Since its inaugural event in 2001, the NWWF has raised nearly $220 million, making a profound difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of children.