The Paradise Coast Annual Wellness Experience is set for Saturday, January 19, 2019. The event is the result of a year of planning by the Paradise Coast Wellness Tourism Visionary Task Force, established in July 2017.
The event will be a celebration of the richness of wellness experiences offered in Florida’s Paradise Coast from Naples to Marco Island to the Everglades. The Task Force is currently compiling a database of activities for locals and visitors on its website, and reaching out to hotels and resorts, restaurants, wellness studios, nature attractions, sports and exercise facilities, and more.
Attendees may sign up with each individual event organizer through the website
ParadiseCoast.com/wellness. Some activities are free and others are priced separately. The growing list of wellness activities scheduled for January 19 include:
• A guided walk on the Gordon River Greenway with Naples Pathways Coalition
• 12 Hours of Wellness at the JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort with activities ranging from floating yoga to meditation to pilates
• A Swamp Meditation and a Beginner’s Guided Swamp Walk at Audubon’s Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
• A Purpose Workshop at Naples Bay Resort with Blue Zones Project Southwest Florida
• A Zero Stress Zone Flash Meditation at Mercato
• Meditate and Create by Open Mind Zen, which is a class combining meditation with drawing and collage
• Yoga on the Beach and a Healthy Body, Healthy Mind Workshop at Edgewater Beach Hotel
• An Everglades kayak paddling adventure Wellness-oriented businesses that wish to participate in the event can upload details of their activity and photos at paradisecoast.com/paradise-coast-wellness-experience or email Maria.Power@colliercountyfl.gov. There is no charge for
businesses to participate.
ABOUT PARADISE COAST WELLNESS TOURISM VISIONARY TASK FORCE
The Paradise Coast Wellness Tourism Visionary Task Force, composed of a group of Collier County tourism and hospitality professionals and supported by the Naples, Marco Island,
Everglades Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB), has been meeting since July 2017 to establish Florida’s Paradise Coast as a global wellness destination. The task force has created the slogan
“Be Well in Paradise” to amplify the destination’s brand. Task Force co-founders are Peggy Sealfon, a Naples-based internationally recognized speaker, author and personal development coach and Debi DeBenedetto, group sales and marketing manager for the Naples, Marco Island, Everglades Convention and Visitors Bureau.
ABOUT WELLNESS TOURISM IN FLORIDA’S PARADISE COAST
Florida’s Paradise Coast – including Naples, Marco Island and the Everglades – is a wellness destination offering a wide range of adventure and lifestyle experiences with hundreds of activities and services boosting well-being for travelers of all ages, whether individuals, families or business groups. The destination is focused on wellness with many healthful, life-enhancing activities such as fitness programs; nature and wildlife sanctuaries; beach walks and activities; urban and rural nature trails for walking, running or biking; spa resorts; educational experiences and workshops, and inspiring centers of health and serenity. In addition, Southwest Florida is actively engaged in the Blue Zones Project a community-wide well-being improvement initiative to help make healthy choices easier for everyone. This increased focus on health and well-being is of great benefit for guests interested in relaxing, refreshing and embarking on new journeys during their visits.
For more information visit ParadiseCoast.com/Wellness INAUGURAL PARADISE COAST
ANNUAL WELLNESS EXPERIENCE OFFERS A DAY OF WELLNESS-FOCUSED EVENTS IN NAPLES, MARCO ISLAND AND THE EVERGLADES INTERIOR