AFTER RAISING CLOSE TO $16 MILLION AT LIVE AUCTION
Each year, the NWWF Online Auction raises additional funds towards supporting NCEF
February 28, 2019 (NAPLES, FL) – This year’s Naples Winter Wine Festival Online Auction came to a close, raising $302,100 alongside the close to $16 million raised under the tent during the Live Auction. This was the fifth year of the Online Auction and its highest grossing year ever, now bringing the Online Auction’s total to over $1 million.
The Online Auction drew bidders from throughout the United States, providing them with unique experiences ranging from world-class bottles of wine, amazing winery visits and dinner with Country music stars – to the best of Naples dining, Naples staycations, dinners by James Beard Award-winning chefs and much more.
“Each year, the NWWF Online Auction gives bidders both across the country and in Collier County a taste of what the Festival is about,” said Debbi Cary, 2019 Online Auction Co-Chair and one of NCEF’s Trustees. “We are thrilled to be able to put together so many impressive super lots and experiences that help to provide much-needed support for the Foundation.”
The top Online Auction bid of $40,000 included a private concert and intimate dinner for 12 guests by husband and wife team Anna Wilson and Monty Powell, the singer-songwriter pair famous for creating hits for country stars like Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum and Tim McGraw. Throughout the evening, guests will enjoy dishes by private chef Sebastian Mazzotta, carefully selected wines by Bruce Nichols and craft cocktails by 7th Avenue Social’s Barry Larkin. Additionally, the entire event will be designed and coordinated by Margaret Short of Margaret Events.
Additional Online Auction highlights include:
- $37,500 for a private celebration on the Naples Princess for 150 people – The winner will host a private party a sunset cruise across Naples Bay on the 105-foot luxury yacht,Naples Princess with Naples Winter Wine Festival Trustees, select vintners and community VIPs. Guests will raise a glass and dance to live music performed by Jeff Gargiulo and Grammy-winning musicians.
- $14,500 for a family-style luncheon at Gargiulo Vineyards– Valerie Boyd & Jeff Gargiulo, NWWF Founding Trustees and 2019 featured vintners, will host ten guests for a family-style picnic lunch at Gargiulo Vineyards in Napa Valley expertly paired with a number of their favorite Gargiulo Vineyards vintages.
- $12,000 for dinner in a private home on Keewaydin Island – Ten guests will enjoy dinner in a private home on Keewaydin Island while singing along to a musical performance by Jimmy Buffet look-alike Randy Bozeman and Jeff Gargiulo. Keewaydin Island is a protected species habitat only accessible by boat and the beautiful barrier island between Naples and Marco Island has nearly eight miles of deserted, white-sand beach.
- $10,500 for a dinner party with Country music star, James Otto, at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse& Wine Bar – One winner will host 20 guests for a three-course dinner at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar featuring a menu of seasonal dishes, a curated selection of wines and handcrafted cocktails and spirits. James Otto will serenade dinner guests with famous hits like “Somewhere Tonight” and “Just Got Started Lovin’ You.”
- $9,000 for three days in Napa with Silver Oak – One couple will spend three nights in Napa at the Swanson Vineyards guest house, where they will enjoy a private luncheon for eight people at Silver Oak Winery, cooking demonstrations, wine tastings and a private tour with CEO David Duncan. The couple will also receive a 3-liter 2013 Silver Oak Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and a 3-liter 2014 Twomey Merlot.
- $8,250 for a three-night getaway to Cardinale Estate – Two couples will spend three nights at the private Cardinale Estate to celebrate the winery’s 35th Anniversary and enjoy a memorable wine-tasting, a vineyard excursion, picnic lunch and a 1.5-liter 2012 Cardinale.
- $7,500 for an Old Memorial Golf Club experience in Tampa -Four guests will play a round of golf at Old Memorial Golf Club in Tampa and enjoy Old Memorial’s luxury facilities which includes an extensive practice area and a 17,000 square-foot clubhouse featuring an expansive locker-grille room, four Suites for overnight guests and more. They will join host Chris Sullivan, founder of Old Memorial and Outback Steakhouse, for dinner and replays of the day before retiring to an Old Memorial Suite to kick back and relax.
- $7,100 for a tiki bar cruise in Port Royal– Six guests will enjoy the scenic waterfront aboard a tiki boat cruise in Port Royal, ultimately ending with a poolside barbeque dinner paired with wine from Wattle Creek at the home of NCEF Trustees Kristine and Chris Williams.
- $6,000 for a private tour and escape to Dana Estates – Two couples will visit Dana Estates, nestled at the base of the Mayacamas Mountains in Napa Valley, and enjoy three nights at the private Dana Estates Lotus House. They will enjoy a private tour of Dana Estates and a five-course luncheon paired with Dana Estates rare and coveted Single Vineyard wines.
The Online Auction was made possible with the incredible support of 70 donors and organizations across the country, from Naples to Napa, who donated an array of fine dining experiences, sporting excursions, luxury staycations and more. Funds raised from the auction help support the work of the Naples Children & Education Foundation, which will award this year’s grants to local organizations serving Collier County children in need on March 18, 2019.
ABOUT NAPLES WINTER WINE FESTIVAL
The Naples Winter Wine Festival, one of the world’s most prestigious charity wine auctions, offers a weekend of unforgettable memories. Guests enjoy world-class food and wine during intimate dinners in private homes and are invited to bid on once-in-a-lifetime travel and wine experiences during an electrifying live auction. Since its inaugural event in 2001, the NWWF has raised more than $191 million, making a profound difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of children.
ABOUT NAPLES CHILDREN & EDUCATION FOUNDATION
The Naples Children & Education Foundation, the founding organization of the Naples Winter Wine Festival, is improving the educational, emotional, and health outcomes of underprivileged and at-risk children. Through its annual grants and strategic initiatives, NCEF has impacted over 45 of the most effective nonprofits in the community, providing 275,000 children with the services and resources they need to excel. NCEF’s unique approach, which emphasizes collaboration between organizations and bridges public and private resources, has become a blueprint for how to transform a community, one issue at a time.